Identify Your Face Shape
Match your pair of glasses and eyeglass frames to your face shape. Not sure what your face shape is? It’s not as obvious as you might think. Here’s how to identify your face shape:
- Round face: You have a round face if your forehead, cheeks, and chin are the same length and width. If you have a soft jawline and equal features, this is your shape.
- Heart-shaped face: If you have a wide forehead but a narrow chin, you probably have a heart-shaped face.
- Diamond-shaped face: Do you have a narrow forehead and chin but wider cheekbones? You probably have a diamond-shaped face.
- Oval-shaped face: Oval-shaped faces have a narrow forehead but wide cheekbones.
- Triangular shape face: Triangular-shaped faces have a wide jawline but a narrow forehead.
Once you identify your face shape, it’s time to choose a frame. Here are the frame types that suit each face shape:
- Round face: Rectangular frames are best for your softer curves. Try to choose styles with angular lines to suit your features.
- Heart-shaped face: Frames with rounded or oval frames as it draws attention to your eyes and helps if you’re self-conscious about your forehead.
- Diamond-shaped face: You can choose unique shapes such as cat-eye frames that will contrast your cheekbones.
- Oval-shaped face: Most styles and frames suit you, however, wider frames will bring out your best features.
- Triangular-shaped face: Wider frames suit your features. Try going for frames that are wider on top than the bottom, such as browline or cateye frames.
Match Your Skin Tone With the Frame Colour
After you match your frame to your face shape, you can choose a color that matches your skin tone to make your features stand out. Cool skin tones work best with shades of gray, blue, or black. Pink, tan, and red match warm skin tones. You can even match your frame to your hair color!
Consider Your Lifestyle
Don’t want to match your frames to your face shape or skin tone? That’s okay. Consider your personal style when choosing the right frame. Are you a creative person? You might prefer brighter frame colors or eyeglass styles. Does your job require you to sell products to businesses? You may have a sophisticated style and prefer narrow frames. Choosing eyeglasses is not just practical, it is a fashion statement. Have fun with it!
Visit our store to find the perfect glasses frames for your face and style!